You can archive projects as follows:
- Click on administrate in the Project Timer popup
- In the administrate screen on the projects page you’ll find a button ‘Show archived’ on the bottom left of the screen
- Press on the ‘Show Archived’ button
- Now an extra category is shown in the project list
- Drag the project to be archived to the ‘Archived projects’ category
- Now the project will be shown under the new category
- Then press ‘Hide Archived’ and the project is hidden (but still accessible by toggling show/hide archived)
It is possible to manipulate the timer values (we call them activities). There are two ways to do that:
1: Edit activities
- Click on ‘Administrate’
- Select the project of interest
- In the table you can edit, add and remove activities and the totals will be updated automatically
2: When you inadvertently forget to start or stop a timer:
- In the ProjectTimer popup screen click on the ‘hamburgermenu’ ( ≡ )of the project of interest.
- Then select ‘Toggle timer in past’
- Now you can select on which time you would have started or stopped the timer.
In many cases it is necessary to track your timers per day, per week or per month. Since update 1.1.4 it is possible to only display the timer totals within a given period (like day, week, month, etc). To switch this on, follow the next steps:
- Open the settings page in the administration window
- Find the option ‘Popup tracking period’ in the settings screen.
- Select which period you want to display
By selecting the option, only the timer totals (per project and overall) are summarized over the given period, but the older timer information is still stored and available for reporting, invoicing and so on.
Only the ‘actual’ period is taken into account in the summary, so if the tracking period is ‘per day’ then only the timers of this day are shown, and if the tracking period is ‘per week’ only the timers of this week are shown.